Walt Disney World recently announced two highly anticipated expansions at their D23 2015 Expo: Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom, and Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios. Disney has released new information about the additions to the parks, and we have all the details!
Two rides have been announced so far for Avatar’s Land, “Pandora”, each based on the movie.
- Na’vi River Journey: Guests will embark on an adventure through Pandora on a canoe travelling on the ‘Sacred River’. On either side of the river boasts a beautiful bioluminescent rainforest and a Na’vi shaman, “who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora and sends positive energy out into the forest through her music,” appears at the end of the ride, according to the official Disney Parks Blog.
- Avatar: Flight of Passage: A simulator ride will take guests through the land of Pandora, learning the travel of flight on Banshees.
Star Wars Land: Construction on Star Wars Land planned for early next year, Disney has announced some new Star Wars experiences coming up at Hollywood Studios starting December 1st.
- “Star Wars” Launch Bay: Special exhibits that include behind-the-scenes and sneak peak viewings of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”, with a chance to meet Chewbacca and Darth Vader.
- “Jedi-Training: Trials of the Temple” will be a new site for training sessions that take place in an Ancient Jedi Temple where they will face Darth Vader and new “Star Wars” Villains.
- “Star Tours- The Adventures Continue” will be inspired off of the upcoming film “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. Each guest, during the opening months, will experience the new adventure.
Disney has also announced that ‘Star Wars Weekends’ will not be a part of the 2016 event calendar. However, with the new Star Wars additions to Hollywood Studios, guests are able to enjoy the experience daily.