1. Avatar Land- One of the biggest projects Walt Disney World has been working on for the past few years is creating a whole new part of Animal Kingdom based off the Disney movie, Avatar. From incredible floating mountains, to whimsical and interactive forests, guests will feel like they have stepped into ‘Pandora’ by riding Banshee’s and walking through luminescent trees and walkways.
2. Rivers of Light the Night time Spectacular- If you’re familiar with Walt Disney World, you know that Animal Kingdom is considered a ‘day park’, where all activities and rides are experienced throughout the day and nothing is really offered at night. A nighttime spectacular, called “Rivers of Light”, will change that stereotype, entertaining you throughout the evening hours with floating lanterns, music, and animal imagery. Due to open in the spring of 2016.
3. Night time Safari- One of the most popular experiences at Animal Kingdom is the Safari. While some of the animals are more active upon waking in the morning, a majority of them are very active at night, leading Disney to add an hour-long night time safari for guests to experience the wildlife in their nocturnal happiness!
Avatar Land (photo credit: disneyparks.disney.go.com)
1. Name Change- Disney’s CEO confirmed in a shareholder meeting early in February that there will be a name change to Hollywood Studios. If you recall, the park used to be named MGM Studios, and changed to Hollywood Studios in 2008. No confirmed name options have been released yet.
2. Removal of The Sorcerer’s Hat- The famous hat that became a huge focus point of the park was removed during March this year. The hat was built in celebration of 100 years of Magic in 2001, and was only meant to stay up for a short period of time. Although we can not confirm what will be built in the hats place, there have been rumors of something Star Wars themed in the works.
1. Central Plaza- The area between Cinderella’s Castle and Main Street USA has been transformed into a relaxing space for you and your family. Whether you are waiting for the Fireworks, or resting your feet while eating an ice cream outside of the Plazas Ice Cream Parlor, this expansion of space brings less traffic even to the most crowded area.
2. New Fantasyland- The expansion began in early 2014, and has become wildly popular among Walt Disney World crowds. The addition includes The Enchanted Forest where you can meet some of your favorite Disney characters, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which is a ride that takes guests through a forest on a twisting, winding adventure!
New Fantasyland- Disney’s Magic Kingdom (photo credit: disneyparks.disney.go.com)
Downtown Disney → Disney Springs
It’s pretty safe to say the next time you visit Downtown Disney, you will barely recognize the place. With even a transition in name, Disney Springs is currently in the process of building new restaurants, shopping stores and entertainment for every member of the family to enjoy.
The Boathouse- A waterfront restaurant, that features dreamboats inspired from the 50’s, serves a surf-and-turf menu from delicious steaks to a raw bar.
Morimoto Asia- Now open, Morimoto Asia features delicious Asian cuisine in a beautiful building complete with open terraces, grand halls, and private rooms.
New Babycakes- A gluten-free, 100% vegan bakery located in Disney Springs has recently opened offering breads, cakes, cupcakes and more.
STK Steakhouse- The very famous STK Steakhouse will be added to Disney Springs featuring a two-story dining experience including a roof-top option.
New shopping options come along with the Disney Springs transition including: Havaianas, APEX by Sunglass Hut, Chapel Hats, Sound Lion, and The Art of Shaving that are all currently open. More stores are expected to appear towards the end of 2015.
Morimoto Asia- Disney Springs (photo:disneyparks.disney.go.com)
Don’t miss out on all of the new rides, entertainment, meet-and-greets, and restaurants coming to Walt Disney World. Build better memories with your family by contacting My VIP Tour today to book your Disney VIP Tour at (407) 913- 8375.